BioMarine International Business Convention
The 5th edition of BioMarine will be a very special one. As the Portuguese Government is deploying its new Blue Growth Strategy, the entire national industry is teaming up to make the 5th edition of the Biomarine Business Convention a unique international meeting place, a global tribune to demonstrate the potential of the Blue Economy.
- 2 days business convention
- Networking lunches and 2 gala events
- 300 CEOs and top executives from around the world
- Over 30 countries expected to be represented
- Public opening session with the participation of HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and the Government of Portugal (other official representatives to be confirmed)
- High Patronage of the President of Portugal and HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco-Endorsement of the Portuguese Government- Public agencies involvement - Private portuguese and international businesses sponsorships.
PwC will bring their expertise during the pitching sessions and the round tables. They will prepare BioMarine 2014 Final Report. On Oct.31, 2014 : Docapesca "Taste of Portugal" Closing Cocktail with a Chef Workshop around The Best Fish in the World.
BioMarine offers two free full passesfor next year's edition in North Carolina, USA!
If your name is drawn during the Closing Cocktail & Chef Workshop on Oct.31, come and pick up your pass for BioMarine‘s next edition.(the winners must be present at the Closing Cocktail in order to receive their free pass)
Industry NewsNew York, NY, August 6, 2014 – Pontos Aqua Holdings, LLC, ("Pontos Aqua") is pleased to announce the hiring of Dr. Francisco Saraiva Gomes as its Chief Executive Officer. Based in New York, Pontos Aqua was formed in May 2014 to make and manage investments in the global aquaculture and seafood industry. Certain private investment partnerships advised by Tinicum Incorporated ("Tinicum") have made an initial equity commitment to Pontos Aqua totaling $75 million. Pontos Aqua intends to invest in businesses that provide real and sustainable value within the aquaculture and seafood supply chain, businesses that can be enhanced by its operational, strategic and financial support. Pontos Aqua is seeking investment opportunities in the range of $5 million to $75 million.
The Sea Route, the Museum Tour or the Summer Architecture Route? Your choice! 3 tours are kindly offered by Cascais Council for the spouse/companion of a registered BioMarine attendee.
BioMarine 2014 SponsorsOfficial
"I hope to greet you all in the coming month of October, here in Cascais, to welcome you to this village, which is strongly committed to maritime economics."