BioMarine International Business Convention
The 5th edition of BioMarine will be a very special one. As the Portuguese Government is deploying its new Blue Growth Strategy, the entire national industry is teaming up to make the 5th edition of the Biomarine Business Convention a unique international meeting place, a global tribune to demonstrate the potential of the Blue Economy.
- 2 days business convention
- Networking lunches and 2 gala events
- 300 CEOs and top executives from around the world
- Over 30 countries expected to be represented
- Public opening session with the participation of HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and the Government of Portugal (other official representatives to be confirmed)
- High Patronage of the President of Portugal and HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco-Endorsement of the Portuguese Government- Public agencies involvement - Private portuguese and international businesses sponsorships.
PwC will bring their expertise during the pitching sessions and the round tables. They will prepare BioMarine 2014 Final Report. On Oct.31, 2014 : Docapesca "Taste of Portugal" Closing Cocktail with a Chef Workshop around The Best Fish in the World.
International Media Partner
BioMarine offers two free full passesfor next year's edition in North Carolina, USA! If your name is drawn during the Closing Cocktail & Chef Workshop on Oct.31, come and pick up your pass for BioMarine‘s next edition.(the winners must be present at the Closing Cocktail in order to receive their free pass)
MaCumBa, an important EU project that will be at BioMarineMaCuMBA project is a four-year research project that aims to uncover the untold diversity of marine microbes using cultivation-dependent strategies. This joint venture of 23 partner institutions from 11 EU countries is led by the Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ), and has a budget of more than €12 million, of which €9 million is funded by the EC Seventh Framework Programme...
The Sea Route, the Museum Tour or the Summer Architecture Route? Your choice! 3 tours are kindly offered by Cascais Council for the spouse/companion of a registered BioMarine attendee.
BioMarine 2014 SponsorsOfficial
Tiago Pitta e Cunha, Co-Chair BioMarine 2014 - Counselor for Environment, Science and Maritime Affairs to the President of Portugal.
Carlos Carreiras, President Cascais Municipality, Portugal
"I hope to greet you all in the coming month of October, here in Cascais, to welcome you to this village, which is strongly committed to maritime economics."