BioMarine International Clusters Association
A new global approach in the marine bioresources industry to foster SMEs’ business opportunities and facilitate access to funding.
The BioMarine International Clusters Association (B.I.C.A.) is to be the champion for marine bio-resources and their sustainable and innovative utilization in all trans-sectors applications. . BICA will federate national and regional marine and biomarine clusters, advocate policies that enable the realization of the marine biotechnology’s promise for providing breakthrough products to feed the world, clean the environment, and improve health and nutrition. BICA is unique in that it is a conjugation of a strong international business opportunity and an intensely networked set of marine bio-clusters. BICA will structure the biomarine industry and foster economic development by the creation of international business opportunities and partnerships. B.I.C.A. wishes to meet the needs of industry, science and the civil society by creating and organizing economic value from blue bioeconomy-based value-chains, in food, health, energy and environment.
In order to join the association as an Associate Member, an Investor Member or a Benefactor Member, the applicant must be:
- A recognized biomarine cluster focusing on the sustainable exploitation, commercialization and / or research in the field of marine bio-resources ;
- A maritime cluster which includes activities in the biomarine field: of marine biotechnologies, micro algae or seaweeds, ecofriendly fisheries, fish processing, environment or marine ingredients and bio prospecting.
- A professional association or industrial key player which is active in the field of Marine Bio-resources
- A research organization working in the field of marine bio-resources and/or its trans-sector applications.
- A government agency with a strategy focused on the valorization of marine bio-resources
- An investor, a financial group, a banking institution that has active funding sources for marine bio-resources projects or ventures
- A recognized key opinion leader who can bring credit to the association and advocate its mission; ( Honorary Member)
- An organization, an investor group, a physical or legal entity (consumer organizations included) wishing to finance or in other way to support the purpose of the association
Any entity wishing to join BICA must commit to the following conditions:
– To actively participate in the life of the association
– To participate or be represented to the annual meeting organized during BioMarine annual convention.
Admission includes full acceptance and understanding of the statutes and internal rules:
INTERESTED ?HOW TO APPLY? If you are interested in joining B.I.C.A. please complete the application form document below and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pierre Erwes, Executive Chairman of BioMarine© – Founder and Chairman of the Board B.I.C.A.: “The intent of the association is to connect SMEs with global investors and opportunities. With the biomarine industry valued at $176 billion annually, that presents a unique opportunity for small and medium-sized companies. The association will also have a trans-sector approach, connecting players in different fields, like aquaculture, marine biotech, and aquafeed, with each other, a unique feature of the group.”
H.E. Bernard Fautrier, CEO, Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation, co-founder B.I.C.A.: “The foundation Prince Albert II of Monaco is committed to ocean sustainability and conservation. Environmental issues in marine bioresources spheres are of considerable importance: energy, health, food and environment. It appears that industry and finance are two fundamental components of the ocean sustainability. If we wish to foster the development of ocean conservation we must increase the rational collaboration between research, industry development, the investment sector and the civil society.”
Deborah Mosca, CEO Marine Bio-Technologies Center of Innovation, USA – B.I.C.A. Founding Member – Bio
Oyvind Fylling-Jensen, CEO NOFIMA, Norway